Reports to: COO
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This position will carry out the following responsibilities:
1. Oversees continued development of Blue Mountain Hospital (exterior and
interior), building equipment, and grounds.
2. Coordinates and schedules maintenance and cleaning activities(including
housekeeping and laundry) to ensure facilities are clean, safe, sanitary
and conducive to the delivery of quality patient care.
3. Assists with development of department annual budget and controls maintenance
budget for facilities.
4. Manages, coordinates, and monitors all maintenance contracts with outside vendors.
5. Oversees performance and maintains records of cyclical maintenance projects.
6. Monitors the Hospital’s energy consumption and makes recommendations
to increase efficiency.
7. Assists and coordinates on assigned building projects, including directing
repair, construction and renovation.
8. Selects and trains/orients departmental personnel. Recommends merit
increase, promotions, and disciplinary actions.
9. Oversees building security and safety. Assists with development and
implementation of disaster plan. Assists with training staff in use of
fire extinguishers and evacuation procedures.
10. Ensures adherence to Hospital’s security policies and procedures.
Makes recommendations for changes to ensure safe environment for patients
11.Communicates with other departments via administration meetings and
12.Prepares reports, keeps departmental records, statistics, and files.
13.Assists with maintenance project as time permits.
14.Participates in professional development activities to keep current
with maintenance trends.
15.Train, develop, mentor, and supervise subordinate employees.
16.Take all reasonable actions and initiative to ensure the most effective,
efficient, and profitable operation of Blue Mountain Hospital.
17.Any other tasks, projects, or duties that are requested by the Employee’s
supervisor or other Blue Mountain Hospital management or administration
that is at all reasonably related to Blue Mountain Hospital and/or Employee’s
employment with Blue Mountain Hospital.
Critical & Required Competencies
1. Ability to use computer systems and efficiently learn software applications.
2. Ability to communicate effectively.
3. Current valid driver’s license.
This position requires the following qualifications:
Education and Experience: Requisite to adequately fulfill the duties and
responsibilities of this position.
Language Skills: Fluently read, write, and speak English.
Math Skills: General math skills required.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to reason and creatively problem solve.
Interpersonal Skills: Ability to interact with co-workers, managers, administration,
and medical staff in a professional and courteous manner.
Computer Skills: General computer skills required.