The Case Manager performs duties necessary for the management and care of all
patients during and after their hospital stay. They will also oversee
processes related to nursing and patient care. This job is 40 hours a week. The
manager will work 8 am to 5 pm Monday through Friday. Occasionally some after
hours work may be required to meet the needs of the patients or their families.
Essential Job Duties:
- Assessing clients' physical and mental wellness, needs, preferences and
abilities, and developing plans to improve health.
- Working with clients, family and friend support networks, and health care
professionals to put care plans in place.
- Listening to clients' concerns and providing counseling or intervention as
- Recording clients' progress, charting referrals and scheduling home visits.
- Evaluating clients' progress periodically and making adjustments
- Following up with discharged clients to ensure they are satisfied with services
and still in good physical and mental health.
- Creating and ensuring the discharge process is followed and used
- Manager will also participate in the Utilization review process of all admitted
- Will run the Newborn hearing screening program and referrals.
- Will assist the DON as needed with other projects, employee training, and
● Current Utah nursing licensure
● Current ACLS
● Current BLS
● Case Management experience
● Utilization review process experience
● Prior Leadership experience
● Prior L & D, ER and Med/Surg nursing experience